Throughout Girls Write Now’s 20th anniversary year it was a privilege to reconnect with so many of our mentor and mentee alumnae, to hear about your journeys and triumphs, and to invite you back into the community. We’ve really enjoyed discovering new ways to engage with you all this year—from internships opportunities like HMH’s internship pilot to special events like The Hate U Give screening and brunch with HBO’s 2 Dope Queens. In 2019, we are committed now more than ever to engaging and connecting our alumnae with new opportunities in college, career, and beyond.
As part of our “Writing Works” initiative, please enjoy this short, curated list of internship and job opportunities.
IMPORTANT! Mention Girls Write Now in your cover letter and let us know so we can support.
If you apply for any of these positions, don’t forget to mention you heard about the opportunity through Girls Write Now. Plus make sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can put in a good word for you! We have strong contacts who may move your application to the top of the pile.
- Hats & Ladders temporary/part-time position
- Doubleday (Penguin Random House imprint) editorial assistant
- STEM from Dance: STEM instructor intern
- Group Nine Media summer internship
- Lilith Magazine spring editorial intern
Girls Write Now’s “Writing Works” Spring Workshop Series Register here!
- Scholarship Workshop: Thursday, February 7, 4-6:30 PM at GWN Prime scholarship info here!
- Internship Workshop: Wednesday, March 20, 4-6:30 PM at GWN
- College Essay Workshop: Tuesday, April 16, 4-6:30 PM at GWN
More exciting news and opportunities to come! Job and internship postings, Girls Write Now events, and updates on all the amazing things your peers are up to!
Questions? Email email@example.com
The Girls Write Now Team