“I’ve had an idea of what to write in my essay for the longest time, but I’ve never actually been able to write a draft I’m proud of until today.” — Girls Write Now College Bound participant
Registration for 2018 summer workshops is now open. RSVP now!
This summer, you can get expert advice on how to craft a powerful college essay in your own voice and style. You can also sign up for a one-to-one session with a professional writer where you’ll get feedback and editing tips on your essay draft.
- July 11, 10:30-3:00 – Personal Statement A-Z Workshop: We’ll review sample essays, discuss what makes the personal statement different from other essays, brainstorm ideas, create outlines, start drafts, and share essential editing tips!
- July 18, 1:00-5:00 and July 20, 11:00-3:00 – College Essay Editing Sessions: You’ll bring a draft of an essay you created in an earlier workshop or on your own, and sign up for a one-hour session with a writing mentor to figure out the next steps for your essay.
These workshops are free but space is limited — RSVP today!
Join Us if You Are:
- A New York City high school girl from any of the five boroughs
- Entering grades 10-12 in Fall 2018
- Able to travel to Manhattan for these workshops