Girls Write Now’s Therapy Panel is comprised of 5-10 experienced, licensed mental health professionals who function as a support system for the mentors of our teen program participants and program staff. Therapy Panelists help train and provide support to mentors in the areas of teen mental health and social-emotional youth development.
Therapy Panelists are asked to commit for a minimum of one academic school year, providing up to 3 hours of support per month.
Therapy Panelists’ activities will include the following:
- Field questions and concerns for mentors (moderated by GWN staff) from September 2017 – June 2018 to offer strategies and advice for mentoring a teen.
- Serve as a panelist or presenter at select trainings and workshops, held at the Girls Write Now office in midtown, to provide mental health-related information.
- Recommend resources (online, over the phone, and in-person resources for teen mental health and well-being) the can be shared with mentors and GWN staff, and included on the GWN website.
- Conduct in-person pair interviews in February with high-need pairs.
- Current, valid licensure as a mental health professional
- Ability to pass a background check successfully
- Passion for our mission to mentor the next generation of women writers
- Experience in crisis management and/or working with high-need teen girls
- Private practice experience and proof of malpractice insurance preferred
If you are interested in joining the Therapy Panel for the 2017-18 program year, please email your resumé to email@example.com.