Rock Your Profile is brought to you by Writing Works, Girls Write Now’s workforce development program, matching young women and gender nonconforming youth with professionals across a broad range of industries, including behind-the-scenes experiences with our Agents of Change partners HBO/Warner Media, Comcast/NBCUniversal, Penguin Random House, the Royal Bank of Canada, Fresh, and many more.
We’d never let you settle for a dry, meandering, lackluster profile. Girls Write Now rocked it at our Writing Works Profile Workshop in partnership with LinkedIn! Youth and professional adults alike joined us for the workshop, led by Ruthie Hertzberg, Profile Ambassador and Senior Enterprise Relationship Manager at LinkedIn, and Marjorie Cader, Co-Founder of The Optimist Collective.
Attendee Testimonials & Survey Stats
- The speakers were all amazing and the information invaluable and I love the interactive nature of the workshop.
- Learning new things was my favorite part. I was able to gain so much new information on how to build a strong LinkedIn profile and I’m so glad I joined.
- I enjoyed observing both Ruthie and Margie’s encouraging style, as great models for encouraging young women, and I was impressed with the young women’s efforts in creating their profiles.
- I love that we got the chance to interact with the speakers and ask them advice for the writing prompts and other LinkedIn/Career related questions.
Overall increases before and after the workshop:
- 380% increase in the number of attendees who knew the value of LinkedIn recommendations after the workshop
- 225% increase in the number of attendees who felt they understood how to expand and use a LinkedIn professional network to my advantage
- 212% increase in the number of attendees who felt they understood what components go into a professional brand and why it’s important
- 140% increase in the number of attendees who felt they understood what should go into a LinkedIn profile and the value of keywords
- 118% increase in the number of attendees who felt they knew how to search for jobs, internships, and schools strategically on LinkedIn