Feeling drained at the end of a long week? Let’s write our way into the weekend! For the first time, Girls Write Now welcomes the public into our beloved Friday Night Salons as a virtual expansion of our Writing Works programming. Each week a special guest artist shares their personal and professional journey, and guides you through inspirational writing prompts. Join us as we stream live on Fridays at 6pm EST—our gift to you! You bring your snacks and creative juices and we’ll provide the rest.
Friday Night Salon Series Spring Dates:
- April 10 with Fiction Author Susanna Horng
- April 17 with Poet Rosebud Ben-Oni
- April 24 with Poet Mahogany L. Browne
- May 8 with Poet, Author, Educator, & Producer Samantha Thornhill
- May 22 with Novelist Emily Neuberger
- May 29 with Journalist & Fiction Writer Zaina Arafat
- June 19 with Playwright Dominique Morisseau
- June 26 with Writer and Editor Morgan Jerkins
What People Are Saying
“Thanks for doing this. My equivalent of a night out during Stay At Home.” – Eliza T.
“Thank you for a special evening. And for sharing all of your wonderful poems.” – Lisa S.
“Thank you! So glad I ended the week with this.” – Roohi C.
“What a gift, that was amazing!” – Celia A.
On Friday nights when there are no salons, just change the channel for an episode of Girls Write Now Live, streaming live. Fridays: March 6, April 3, May 1, May 15, June 5, and June 12.