Fridays, 6-8 PM
Reserve your spot now! April 3, May 1, May 15, June 5, & June 12
in partnership with our host, the New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West at 77th Street
Doors open at 5:30 PM
Join us this spring for six evenings of performances featuring the diverse voices of today’s young writers! Each episode of Girls Write Now Live showcases electrifying original storytelling from teen writers who are taking their place in history through prose, poetry, video, illustration, and more forms of multimedia work. The Girls Write Now Live season also honors women whose work is paving the way for the next generation of women writers as Agents of Change and keynote speakers at each event.
Reserve your spot now
Girls Write Now Live is free for youth and open to the public for a suggested donation of $20. To RSVP, please visit the page for the performance you’d like to attend:
- April 3 (Facebook Live) – Honoring Robyn Crawford, A Song for You: My Life With Whitney Houston (Dutton)
- May 1 – Honoring Lauren Wilkinson, American Spy (Random House)
- May 15 – Honoring Rosayra Pablo Cruz & Julie Schwietert Collazo, The Book of Rosy: A Mother’s Story of Separation at the Border (HarperCollins)
- June 5 – Honoring Kiley Reid, Such a Fun Age (G. P. Putnam’s Sons)
- June 12 – Just added!
- March 6 (see our recap) – Honoring Umi Syam, graphics/multimedia editor at The New York Times & Danielle Paige, NYT bestselling YA author, The Raven (HMH, Jan. 2021)
This year, we are immensely proud to partner with the N-Y Historical Society and with the founders of Context & Co., Amber and Tiffany Davis, for storytelling coaching. We would also like to extend our gratitude to Christine Ball, SVP, Publisher of Dutton, Putnam, and Berkley, and Judith Curr, President and Publisher of HarperOne, Amistad, and Rayo/
Support Girls Write Now’s 2020 programs as an Agent of Change or through the Girls Write Now Circle. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about these opportunities.