You don’t need to be a trained musician to write and produce a hit song! In this workshop, we learned the art of music-making and songwriting using the online digital workstation, Soundtrap. After learning the music process from idea to lyrics to song, we worked in small groups to develop a chorus that can be the starting point of their musical journey.
Mentees & Mentors:
- Were exposed to songwriting and musical theater
- Had instruction on how to write/produce a song
- Were introduced to Soundtrap and received the tools to write/produce a song
- Worked in small groups, “garage bands”, to write a 30-60 second clip of a song
- “I enjoyed getting to collaborate with other mentees and mentors.”
- “I really liked making music with my group and listening to others share. I’ll keep working on making differeMusical Theatre: Songwriting using Soundtrap with Lindsay Burstedtnt songs based on different themes.”
- “Layering the different sounds and hearing it together was fun”
Lindsay Burstedt has been singing since before she could speak. As a mix of a vocalist, pianist, guitarist, composer, teaching artist, music director and conductor, Lindsay has dedicated her life to bringing communities together through music. Her recent shows include Into the Woods, High School Musical, Head Over Heels, Beauty and the Beast, Pippin, Spring Awakening, RENT, Guys and Dolls, Footloose and Mamma Mia. Additionally, she is a singer-songwriter and performs regularly in the band “The Corduroy Suit”. Lindsay holds a Masters in Music & Music Education from Columbia University and a Bachelor’s degree from University of California, Santa Cruz.