Girls Write Now is witnessing our highest demand in over 23 years, and we are responding by leveling enormous educational inequities: leading the historic transformation to virtual with enriched, extended programming. Your support can change the trajectory of a young writer’s life and empower the next generation of writers and leaders.
Making a tax-deductible donation has the potential to lay the groundwork that our mentors and mentees need to continue shaping our history.
A FEW WAYS TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT:
Give Write Now on our website or by sending a check to:
Girls Write Now
247 West 37th Street, Suite 1000
New York, NY 10018
Thank you for your tax-deductible gift!
2. GIVE US A SHOUTOUT ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Feel free to use these sample posts to spread the word about Girls Write Now:
- I’m a proud mentor/mentee/board member/etc. at Girls Write Now! Support the next generation of women and gender nonconforming writers! Donate today. girlswritenow.org/give
- Dear friends and family, give the gift of confidence to young writers by donating (any amount) to a cause close to my heart, Girls Write Now at girlswritenow.org/give
Testimonials are powerful: tell your followers what Girls Write Now means to you!
Easy-to-share photos, videos, and stories of hope:
- We Are Girls Write Now Video
- We felt lost in the world and found ourselves through writing
- A few words from the strong women who inspire us
- Writing works! A mentee alum’s career success story…
- Toni Morrison’s message to us: Write the book you want to read…
- Empowering Young Women Who Are Making the World a Better Place #DAYOFTHEGIRL
- “Together We Will Face the World”: Hope from Girls Write Now…
- Broad City’s Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson on why writers deserve your support
3. SET UP YOUR OWN FUNDRAISER
Set up a Facebook fundraiser:
Set up a peer-to-peer fundraiser:
4. GET YOUR WORKPLACE TO SUPPORT GIRLS WRITE NOW
Some companies will help support their employees’ causes through matching donations. Others have Corporate Social Responsibility programs. Your company may be interested in building a partnership around employee engagement, internship placements, diversity inclusion, and more. Check in with your boss about your company’s goals and policies, explain why you love Girls Write Now, and see if they would be willing to support. For questions and support, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. DONATE WHEN YOU SHOP ON AMAZON
Ordering on Amazon? Shop through smile.amazon.com instead, which donates 0.5% of your purchase from eligible products! When you first visit the Smile homepage, it will prompt you to a charitable organization, and you can search for Girls Write Now. Here are more FAQs about Amazon Smile.
The Girls Write Now Circle is a select group of multigenerational leaders—authors, editors, publishers, media makers, and change-agents—committed to amplifying diverse voices, and shaping the future of women writers across industries. Gather with like-minded champions and gain access to signature events that are making a difference, such as panels on diversity in publishing, private salons with literary luminaries, lunch & learns.
Download our 2020 Holiday Appeal letter below and send it to family, friends and colleagues. Snail mail is always an option, or you can share the appeal letter over email as an attachment.
Girls Write Now 2020 class of mentees are using their voices for change in one of the most uncertain periods of modern history. Support our young writers by purchasing a copy of the 2020 anthology, Taking Our Place in History. It features 500+ pages of mentee work, an introduction by Christine Ball and a poem from Rupi Kaur dedicated to Girls Write Now.
Shop our favorite gifts for the season—some of which even donate a portion of proceeds to support Girls Write Now!
Help support diverse young writers by asking for a donation to Girls Write Now or gifting on behalf of a friend.