Girls Write Now is committed to serving more youth than ever before—which is why we’re widening our reach by EXTENDING our enrollment deadline for the Writing 360 Program to Monday, August 3rd!
For questions, please contact email@example.com. Applicants will be contacted about next steps in August.
You could be a Writing 360 mentee if you are:
- A New York City girl or gender non-conforming youth from any of the five boroughs
- In grade 9-12 at a public high school
- A native or non-native English speaker with proficient English writing & speaking skills
- Able to make a commitment to weekly in-person mentoring sessions, monthly Saturday workshops, and special events from September through June
- Passionate about writing and growing in any genre, including digital media storytelling
What you’ll get as a Writing 360 mentee:
- Form a one-to-one mentoring relationship with a woman or gender non-conforming professional with writing and media experience
- Participate in monthly writing workshops led by expert teaching artists in a range of genres, media, and writing-related industries
- Publicly showcase your original work at exhibitions or our popular reading series
- Publish your work in our award-winning print and multimedia anthologies
- Receive college and career support from the pros
- Apply for writing awards, publications, scholarships, internships, and more
- Devoted and caring community that wants to see you succeed and gives you the necessary tools to do so!
Writing 360 mentee program requirements:
Note: All attendance requirements are in-person. However, if our headquarters remain closed due to COVID, we will continue our interactive virtual programming.
- Training and orientation in September
- Monthly Saturday workshops
- Weekly one-to-one mentor/mentee pair sessions
- At least two Friday Night Salons
- At least three after-school Writing Works (college/career readiness) workshops on Wednesdays throughout the program year
- A multi-genre, multimedia portfolio
- Submission and performance/exhibition of final work in spring series
- Submission and publication of final work in Girls Write Now anthologies
- Regular and timely communication on the online platform Slack
- Commitment to the Girls Write Now mission and community
We welcome all candidates who identify as female or gender non-conforming. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or citizenship.
- May 8: Applications launch
- June 8: Application deadline—applications accepted on a rolling basis
- June 22: Extended application deadline
- June-August: Interviews on a rolling basis
- August-September: Acceptances announced
- September-October: Training and orientation activities
Want more Girls Write Now?
- The Girls Write Now Story
- Girls Write Now Performances
- Girls Write Now Publications
- Girls Write Now Youtube Channel