For more than 20 years, Girls Write Now has been a nationally award-winning leader in arts education as New York’s first and only writing and mentoring organization for girls. Girls Write Now’s curriculum and services have evolved to include the full range of writing for different stages of life throughout high school, to college, career and beyond. Writing today means multi-genre, multimedia, multi-platform communication—everything from storytelling to coding. Our mentees are defining the digital age, bringing the craft of writing into the 21st century.
Girls Write Now is seeking a new member for our multimedia team to support the development and integration of our digital projects, with a focus on building our 2020 Multimedia Website, which will feature our current mentees’ original digital writing pieces.
The Website Developer/Designer will work in close collaboration with the Girls Write Now Staff Team, and the mentor and mentee community, to build a website that captures the diversity and importance of our mentees’ voices.
For the foreseeable future, this will be a remote position, with the addition of in-person meetings once safe to do so. There is an opportunity for project continuation beyond June 2020, connecting the 2020 Multimedia Website to mentees’ writing portfolios and the Girls Write Now organizational website.
2020 Multimedia Website Project Timeline
- April 2020: Participate in workshops and focus groups with the Girls Write Now community to learn about the mentees’ digital pieces and their ideas on website layout and aesthetic.
- April – May 2020: Design the 2020 Multimedia Website in close consultation with the Girls Write Now Staff Team. Explore how the website can be connected to mentees’ writing portfolios and a new organizational website, and build these connections into the design.
- May – June 2020: Build the 2020 Multimedia Website on WordPress, with a tentative publication launch on June 20, 2020.
- Experience in WordPress web design and web development, as demonstrated through a portfolio of completed projects
- Ability to work collaboratively, efficiently, and effectively in a team setting
- Enthusiasm for engaging with mentees to understand and elevate their multimedia projects
Please email a cover letter, resume, and website/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Website Developer” in the subject line.