Girls Write Now seeks an enthusiastic and experienced Content Coordinator (CC) who is highly skilled in design and digital media, and passionate about empowering young women and gender-nonconforming youth through writing, mentorship, and community. Girls Write Now has a large presence in print and online, and the CC will be responsible for creating written and visual content and coordinating communications across various platforms, including but not limited to WordPress, Campaign Monitor, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and LinkedIn. The CC should have experience in media, and success growing robust campaigns and analyzing metrics to meet organizational goals. The ideal candidate will be a creative, outside-of-the-box thinker with a marketing mind—and a strong project manager who knows how to work with a range of personalities, solve problems, and get things done. Initially, the CC will work remotely and there is an option to work in the office in due time.
Collaborating closely with a small team, the Content Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Social Media: Coordinate a robust social media calendar and maintain quality control of all media channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkIn, and more) with both programmed and real-time postings
- Website: Maintain the Girls Write Now website to ensure information is current and consistent with other marketing materials, including soliciting and editing content from staff, volunteers, and other community members
- Event Production: Support production of both live and pre-edited events on Zoom, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and more
- Asset Creation: Design print and electronic graphics, including but not limited to invitations, programs, posters, reports, newsletters, e-blasts, and other campaigns
- Analysis & Strategy: Report out on key metrics from web/social/email marketing, and help set strategy accordingly
- Publications: Provide editorial and design support with annual print and multimedia publications
- Special Events: Assist with coordination and production of special initiatives and events, including but not limited to our Agents of Change Awards, Girls Write Now Live, and our annual appeals
Successful candidates will be collaborative across departments, goal-oriented, able to meet deadlines, and focused on deliverables, while demonstrating flexibility and adapting to new priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with HTML, WordPress, and basic CSS
- Experience with design software including InDesign, Photoshop, and Canva
- Experience with film editing software including iMovie, Premiere Pro preferred
- Experience on all major social platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Love of writing and literature and a commitment to Girls Write Now’s mission
- Knowledge and eagerness to learn in the realms of media, education, fundraising, and community organizing
For more than 20 years, Girls Write Now has been a leader in arts education as New York’s first and only writing and mentoring organization for girls. We match underserved teen girls and gender non-conforming youth from throughout the five boroughs of New York City with women professional writers and digital media makers as their personal mentors. Our mentees are published in outlets including The New York Times, Newsweek, and BuzzFeed, perform at Lincoln Center and the United Nations, and earn hundreds of Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. 100% of Girls Write Now seniors are accepted to college. The organization has been distinguished three times by the White House as one of the nation’s top youth programs and twice by the Nonprofit Excellence Awards as one of New York’s top ten nonprofits. Reaching over 6,000 girls annually in all 51 council districts, Girls Write Now is a founding partner of the New York City Council’s STARS Citywide Girls Initiative.
Salary & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Girls Write Now’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and to all applicants for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, national origin, disability (including victims of domestic violence), age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or citizenship. This policy applies to all Girls Write Now activities including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training and promotion.
Please email email@example.com with “Content Coordinator” in the subject. Please include: a thoughtful cover letter, resume, and links to your portfolio or other work. In addition, please send us a series of 2-3 sample social posts promoting one of our current initiatives, such as our Girls Write Now Graduation Gala, Girls Write Now Live, Friday Night Salon Series, or mentor/mentee enrollment. Feel free to use visuals. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.