We invite you to join the Girls Write Now Circle, a select group of multigenerational leaders committed to amplifying diverse voices. Together we are shaping the future of women writers and gender non-conforming youth across industries.
Giving young women the ability to express themselves with clarity and force is an act of great potential social and political power. Girls Write Now harnesses that power.
—Zadie Smith, Girls Write Now honoree
Gather with like-minded champions and enjoy:
- Performances: Preferred seating at Girls Write Now Live: History in the Making Discover the next generation of writers and enjoy meeting our honorees. Hosted by the New-York Historical Society, CPW/77th St. Fridays, 6-8PM: March 6th, April 3rd, May 1st, May 15th, and June 5th.
- Unique events: By joining the Girls Write Now Circle, you are specially invited to panel discussions, lunch & learns, private salons with literary luminaries—and to engage directly with our emerging teen writers.
- VIP Invitations: Enjoy a complimentary ticket to Agents of Change Awards: Amplifying Diverse Voices. Hosted by Diane von Furstenberg, Thursday, October 8th, 6-9PM. Meet Girls Write Now champions, such as Tayari Jones and Rupi Kaur in the spring of 2020.
You will be part of a network investing in:
- 90% high need girls of color, 70% immigrants or first generation, and 25% LGBT/non-conforming.
- Sending 100% of our senior girls/gender non-conforming youth on to college and careers.
- Publishing girls’ work in The New York Times, Newsweek, and Buzzfeed, Teen Vogue, and more.
- Showcasing today’s voices with performances at institutions such as Lincoln Center, the United Nations, and the N-Y Historical Society.
- Girls earning hundreds of college scholarships and writing awards.
- More than 5,000 girls/gender non-conforming youth in every district of New York City through our STARS Citywide Girls Initiative.
- A nationally award-winning organization: ranking in the top 4% of programs nationwide for outstanding performance in driving growth in social-emotional outcomes for young people, recipient of the Presidents’ Committee on the Arts & Humanities, Nonprofit Excellence Award finalist, DVF People’s Voice Nominee, Time Out NY Best Place to Volunteer, and more!)
Girls Write Now has an active, influential, and expanding community of supporters. As part of the Girls Write Now Circle, your energy, ideas, and generous tax-deductible contributions will create unprecedented opportunities for girls and gender non-conforming youth to write their way to a better future. Contribute below or send a check made payable to Girls Write Now and mailed to our headquarters at 247 West 37th St, Suite 1000, New York, NY 10018
For more information regarding the Girls Write Now Circle, please email firstname.lastname@example.org