We invite you to join the Girls Write Now Circle, a select group of multigenerational leaders—authors, editors, publishers, media makers, and change-agents—committed to amplifying diverse voices. Together we are shaping the future of women writers and gender non-conforming youth across industries.
Giving young women the ability to express themselves with clarity and force is an act of great potential social and political power. Girls Write Now harnesses that power.
—Zadie Smith, Girls Write Now honoree
Gather with like-minded champions and enjoy:
- Events: Gain access to signature events that are making a difference, such as panel discussions, lunch & learns, private salons with literary luminaries, and our Agents of Change Awards, hosted by Diane von Furstenberg.
- Experiences: Go behind the scenes through unique programming with our partners at WarnerMedia/HBO, Penguin Random House, and NBCUniversal.
- Performances: VIP tickets for you and a friend with backstage pass to meet honorees at our acclaimed spring series, Girls Write Now Live hosted by the N-Y Historical Society on March 6th, April 3rd, May 1st, May 15th, and June 5th.
- Invitations: Meet Girls Write Now champions, such as Tayari Jones and Rupi Kaur in the spring of 2020.
- Speaking opportunities and workshops: By joining the Girls Write Now Circle, you are also eligible to engage directly with our emerging teen writers at “Writing Works” workshops and special events.
You will be part of a network investing in:
- 90% high need girls of color, 70% immigrants or first generation, and 25% LGBT/non-conforming.
- Sending 100% of our senior girls/gender non-conforming youth on to college.
- Publishing girls’ work in The New York Times, Newsweek, and Buzzfeed, Teen Vogue, and more.
- Showcasing today’s voices with performances at institutions such as Lincoln Center, the United Nations, and the N-Y Historical Society.
- Girls earning hundreds of college scholarships and writing awards.
- More than 5,000 girls/gender non-conforming youth in every district of New York City through our STARS Citywide Girls Initiative.
- A nationally award-winning organization (Presidents’ Committee on the Arts & Humanities, Nonprofit Excellence Award, DVF People’s Voice Nominee, Time Out NY Best Place to Volunteer, and more!)
- The next generation of leaders on their journeys to college and career.
Girls Write Now has an active, influential, and expanding community of supporters. As part of the Girls Write Now Circle, your energy, ideas, and generous tax-deductible contributions will create unprecedented opportunities for girls and gender non-conforming youth to write their way to a better future. Contribute below or send a check made payable to Girls Write Now and mailed to our headquarters at 247 West 37th St, Suite 1000, New York, NY 10018
For more information regarding the Girls Write Now Circle, please email firstname.lastname@example.org