We invite you to join the Girls Write Now Circle, a select group of multigenerational leaders—authors, editors, publishers, media makers, and change-agents—committed to amplifying diverse voices. Together we are shaping the future of women writers across industries.
Giving young women the ability to express themselves with clarity and force is an act of great potential social and political power. Girls Write Now harnesses that power.
—Zadie Smith, Girls Write Now honoree
Gather with like-minded champions and gain access to signature events that are making a difference, such as panels on diversity in publishing, private salons with literary luminaries, lunch & learns, and celebrations like our recent Agents of Change Awards, hosted by Diane von Furstenberg.
As a Circle member, you and a guest will receive a special invitation to join us at several upcoming events, including:
- Craft Beer Tasting on Thursday, December 5th, 2019
- Unique, behind the scenes experiences at HBO, Penguin Random House, and NBC.
- VIP Circle events at our popular CHAPTERS & QWERTY Friday Reading Series in the spring at the N-Y Historical Society on March 6th, April 3rd, May 1st, May 15th, and June 5th
- By joining the Girls Write Now Circle, you are also eligible to engage directly with our emerging teen writers at “Writing Works” workshops and special events.
You will be part of a network investing in:
- 90% high need girls of color, 70% immigrants or first generation, and 25% LGBT/non-conforming.
- Sending 100% of our senior girls on to college.
- Publishing girls’ work in The New York Times, Newsweek, and Buzzfeed, Teen Vogue, and more.
- Showcasing today’s voices, with hundreds of girls performing their best work in institutions such as Lincoln Center, the United Nations, and the N-Y Historical Society.
- Girls earning hundreds of college scholarships and writing awards.
- More than 5,000 girls in every district of New York City through our STARS Citywide Girls Initiative.
- A nationally award-winning organization (Presidents’ Committee on the Arts & Humanities, Nonprofit Excellence Award, DVF People’s Voice Nominee, Time Out NY Best Place to Volunteer, and more!)
- The next generation of leaders on their journeys to college and career.
Girls Write Now has an active, influential, and expanding community of supporters. As part of the Girls Write Now Circle, your energy, ideas, and generous tax-deductible contributions will create unprecedented opportunities for girls to write their way to a better future. Contribute below or send a check made payable to Girls Write Now to our headquarters at 247 West 37th St, Suite 1000, New York, NY 10018
For more information regarding the Girls Write Now Circle, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Write Now Inaugural Circle*
*List still in formation