We are currently reviewing mentor and mentee applications for the 2019-20 program year.
Please email Lisbett if you have any questions
You could be a Girls Write Now mentee if you are:
- A New York City girl from any of the five boroughs
- In grade 9-12 for the 2019-20 school year at a public high school
- A native or non-native English speaker with proficient English writing & speaking skills
- Able to make a commitment to weekly in-person mentoring sessions, monthly Saturday workshops, and special events from September 2019 through June 2020
- Passionate about writing and growing in any genre, including digital media storytelling
As a mentee, you’ll get to:
- Form a one-to-one mentoring relationship with a professional woman with writing and media experience
- Attend monthly writing workshops that feature guest authors in a range of genres, media, and writing-related industries
- Publicly showcase your original work at exhibitions or our popular reading series
- Publish your work in our award-winning print and multimedia anthologies
- Receive college and career support from the pros
- Apply for writing awards, publications, scholarships, internships, and more!
- Interviews: May-July 2019
- Acceptances Announced: August 2019
- Orientation: September-October 2019
- Program Year: September 2019-June 2020
Want more Girls Write Now?
- Learn about Girls Write Now’s Career Day: Saturday, June 22, 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM
- The Girls Write Now Story
- Girls Write Now Spring Series: CHAPTERS & QWERTY
- Girls Write Now Anthologies
*Please note that in every instance the term “girl,” “woman,” and “female” is used here, we include anyone who self-identifies as such, including trans, cis, and gender non-conforming individuals.