The most important thing about fundraising is to actually ask. So many people, especially women, shy away from this because they feel uncomfortable. Just remember you are raising awareness and money for an organization you love and believe in. At this time of year, we have an opportunity to bring friends and family into the Girls Write Now community, to share the work we are doing and what we care about most.
Tips, tricks, and resources below. Email development for questions, major gifts, and sponsorships.
How to champion the next generation of writers:
- Change lives with a gift that goes straight to supporting the girls in this year’s programs—while earning the right to say: “I’ve made a donation and I hope you will, too.”
Attend a pop-up letter writing party
- Here’s how it works: We come together to write letters to friends, family, colleagues, teachers and mentors—people who believe in the important work you are doing and want to support your cause.
- You bring your addresses, and we’ll supply templates, on-line tools, refreshments, and plenty of inspiration. So far, we have pop-up parties on November 14 in Tribeca, November 16 on the Upper East Side, and December 14 in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Email development to RSVP or to host a party of your own.
- Stories of Hope for Day of the Girl
- Giving Us Hope: Our Girls’ Stories
- Give. Write. Now.
- One Girl’s Story for the Future: No More Sexual Assaults
- How Your Support is Making Dreams Come True
- Roxane Gay says: “Everyone Has a Voice. It’s a Question of Finding the Courage to Use It.”
- Emma Cline: “Women Mentoring Young Girls Feels Like The Exact Antidote to the Weinsteins of the World.”
- Today is Giving Tuesday, A Great Time to Support Young Women!
- Watch and See What Your Donation Supports
- Honor Your Mentor with a Gift
- Gloria Steinem: “You are doing the most important thing that I can imagine.”
- Your 2017 Tax Deduction Will Benefit Girls Write Now
Become a Peer to Peer Fundraiser (for goals $2,000 and up)
Personalize your outreach
- Writing & Fundraising Tips
- Sample Note:
You know I’ve been supporting Girls Write Now. This organization equips girls with the tools and confidence they need to share their stories and succeed in college, career, and life. This cause is a top priority for me, and I hope you will support it. In lieu of a holiday gift, make my day with a donation to Girls Write Now. I’m personally trying to raise $1,000 through friends and family like you. Please help me reach my goal!