For nearly 20 years, the nationally award-winning Girls Write Now has mentored the next generation of writers and leaders. You don’t want to miss out on this season of incredible performances from our mentees, keynote speakers, and opportunities for our community to come together to Rise, Speak, and Change. Join us for our Spring 2017 events!
- CHAPTERS Reading Series: March 17 with keynote speakers Hala Alyan, April 21 Emma Cline, May 19 Emma Straub, June 16 Karina Glaser at New York Historical Society
- Girls Write Now AWARDS: May 23 honoring Zadie Smith, Sophia Amoruso, Ilana Glazer, Abbi Jacobson, Melissa Harris-Perry, Emceed by Elaine Welteroth at City Winery
- RISE SPEAK CHANGE The 2017 Girls Write Now Anthology: release May 23 with Foreword by Lisa Lucas
- QWERTY Digital Media Exhibition: June 2 including a panel of digital media thought leaders at Downtown Community Television Center
- ENROLL to be a mentor or mentee for the fall 2017-18 program year. Life is better in twos and yours could change forever.
- DONATE to help Girls Write Now double the number of girls we serve and enhance our college prep and alumnae services, extending the support we provide young women writers into college, career, and beyond. There is no better time to invest.