“The personal statement workshop was a real help. My best friend and I both walked out with final drafts!”
– Julia Mercado, Girls Write Now Mentee
How do you turn a twice-weekly babysitting gig and school band into a resume admissions officers will fawn over? How do you begin an essay that will introduce yourself to a total stranger — in 650 words or less? And how on earth do you sail the perilous seas of college applications with a cool head on your shoulders?
These questions may not have straightforward answers, but we believe that a supportive community is a great start. That’s why we put together our summer workshop series, focused on helping high school girls navigate the college application process.
This summer, you can get expert advice on how to craft a powerful college essay in your own voice and style. You can also sign up for a one-to-one session with a professional writer where you’ll get feedback and editing tips on your essay draft. Register today!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- College Essay Writing Workshop: July 11, 10:30 AM-3 PM
- College Essay Editing Sessions: July 13, 10-1:00 or July 19, 2-5:00*
*You’ll bring a draft and sign up for a one-hour session with a writing mentor
JOIN US IF YOU ARE:
- A New York City high school girl from any of the five boroughs
- In grades 10-12
- Able to travel to Manhattan for these workshops