Calling all procrastinators! We’ve got last-minute inspiration for your holiday shopping list. If purchased through Amazon Smile, you’ll directly support Girls Write Now.
Girls Write Now Swag
“I wish for every reader who opens this book the same feeling I had when I first met Girls Write Now: Inspiriation.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Americanah. Order a copy of our 2015 Anthology which highlights the work from mentees and mentors in the Writing & Mentoring Program.
“This project, and all the ones ahead of us, is dedicated not to telling girls they should stop asking “may I?” but to offer instead a resounding “you must.” To the girls in the following pages, I’m so glad you did.” – Ayesha A. Siddiqi, Editor in Chief, The New Inquiry. Voice/Voice curates selected works from our Digital Media Mentoring program.
2016 Anthology: (R)evolution: Pre-order on Amazon!
Coming in the spring of 2016, (R)evolution, and published by She Writes press . We are already excited! The Anthology will explore how our own personal evolution fits within an evolving community to ignite change for all. You can pre-order your copy on Amazon today or look out for the release next year!
From our Partners
#GETLIT from Hi Wilflower #GETLIT is a Hi Wildflower collaboration with today’s most compelling writers. Inspired by the olfactory stories in each author’s work. Proceeds from Hi Wildflower’s #GetLit collection of candles are donated to Girls Write Now. Hi Wildflower is operated by our 2016 CHAPTERS speaker, Tawni Nandini Islam author of Bright Lines. Come to our March 18 reading for an opportunity to meet her!
PaperGirl Collection. Illustrated clothing for young girls crafted with care. PaperGirl celebrates childhood curiosity, imagination and creative freedom. Each PaperGirl dress comes with a story book! Check out the collection and learn a little more about PaperGirl. PaperGirl and Girls Write Now recently partnered as part of a trunk show event.
Read Write Now: 15 Books from 2015
- Bright Lines by Tanwi Nandini Isam
- In the Country: Stories by Mia Alvar
- The Turner House by Angela Flournoy
- The Star Side of Bird Hill by Naomi Jackson
- Wishful Thinking by Kamy Wicoff
- The Beautiful Bureaucrat by Helen Phillips
- I Love My Hair by Andrea Pippins
- Crave: Sojourn a Hungry Soul by Laurie Jean Cannady
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead
- Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
- A Manual For Cleaning Women: Selected Stories by Lucia Berlin
- Single, Carefree, Mellow by Katherine Heiny