Girls Write Now is thrilled to invite you to join us online for our 2013 Holiday Appeal! It’s incredibly easy (and safe) to raise money online with FirstGiving (FG) – and you can help us reach our goal of $100,000 by December 31, 2013!
Get started now — we’re offering a special gift to the person who raises the most through their online FirstGiving page by December 31st!
- Go to
- , or enter
- . Click the green ‘FUNDRAISE’ button to create an account, or log in to your existing account.
2. CREATE YOUR PAGE:
- Your friends want to hear from YOU, so this is your time to shine! Talk about your relationship with your mentee, or why Girls Write Now inspires you – just be you, and people will respond.
- Set your page title: e.g. Jessica’s Holiday Appeal! or Support My Mentee.
- Select an image: Pick one from the website, or try our Facebook page. Current and recent mentors can contact Laura regarding your pair photo.
- Fill in your letter: Feel free to pick and choose content from the campaign page, or write your own letter that will inspire your friends. Make it your own!
- Set a fundraising goal: Pick a target that’s a stretch, but not impossible. The typical page raises $400, so aim for something appropriate and aspirational.
- Customize your thank you message: FG’s default thank you is a bit dry, so it’s a good idea to write your own – you can edit it on the next page.
- There’s lots of ways you can share your page with friends!
- Via email: Upload your contacts’ emails to FG and send it to them directly! Or, you can send an email to your contacts through your own email account. Just make sure you provide the link to your page (everyone forgets that detail!)
- Via Facebook: To share on Facebook, click the “Like” button on your live fundraising page and it will show up on your wall.
- Via other social media: Share on whatever social media you like, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr… be creative! FG offers “widgets” to share your appeal on your blog or website – check them out!
- Keep your friends updated about your progress towards your goal, and feel free to reach out to everyone again in mid-to-late December. As 12/31 approaches, people get excited and want to help you meet your goal.
- At the end of the campaign, Girls Write Now officially thanks all donors, but we recommend you also send a quick email to everyone to thank them for supporting your efforts. Let them know whether you reached or exceeded your goal – they’ll be happy to hear how they helped!
Any questions? Need help? Get in touch with us. Call 212-336-9330 or email email@example.com