The most important thing about fundraising is to actually ask. So many people, especially women, shy away from this because they feel uncomfortable. Just remember you are raising awareness and money for an organization you love and believe in. At this time of year, we have an opportunity to bring friends and family into the Girls Write Now community, to share the work we are doing and what we care about most.
How to support the next generation of writers and leaders:
- Change lives with a tax-deductible gift that goes straight to supporting the girls in this year’s programs—while earning the right to say: “I’ve made a donation and I hope you will, too.”
Spread the word on social (with our donate link + a visual)
- Use these sample posts to spread the word!
- I’m a proud mentor/mentee/board member/etc. at Girls Write Now! Support the next generation of women writers! Donate today. girlswritenow.org #GiveWriteNow
- Dear friends and family, in lieu of a holiday gift, please donate (any amount) to a cause close to my heart, Girls Write Now. girlswritenow.org #GiveWriteNow
- Check out more social media tips & tricks
- Add to your outreach easy-to-share photos, videos, and stories of hope:
- Donate today and be entered to win our 20th anniversary anthology!
- Broad City’s Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson on why writers deserve your support
- We are thankful for your support
- Wise words from Phoebe Robinson and Tomi Adeyemi
- This magic mentoring moment
- Honorary Chair Amy Berkower: “Stories can change lives”
- A Tribute to my Ma, from Generation F(emale)
- The Girls Write Now Story!
- Video highlights from 2018
- Downloadable Photos
- 2018 Media Highlights
Letter Writing is Better with Friends!
- Get together with a friend—over coffee or a glass of wine—and write some appeal letters! (E.g., Dear Aunt Sarah, I’m raising money for a terrific organization that helps young women writers. Please consider a contribution to the cause.) Here’s how it works: We will equip you with supplies (notecards, envelopes, stamps). All you have to do is find a buddy and pick a date to get writing.
- Throw a letter writing party! If you are into hosting, this is a great way to gather friends for a good cause (and, again, we’ll provide the supplies!).
- Email development for peer letter writing or to host a party of your own.
- See our 2018 Appeal Letter
Fundraise like a boss.
- Set up a Facebook Fundraiser (with the help of these tips)
- Become a Peer-to-Peer Fundraiser
- Check out more writing & fundraising tips
Email development for questions, major gifts, and sponsorships—and thank you for your support!